Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back to the blog....

Been awhile. I've been busy. I work with my husband in his lawn service sometimes. Well, a few weeks ago when Florida got hit with the Artic Blast, a lot of the plants & flowers on our customer's properties got hit really hard. So, I spent a week out there trimming back flowers in hopes they'll come back. So far, so good!
So, as of now, I'm going to landscaping school! Just started Monday & I can honestly say I don't think I've ever been in a class that so comfortable & laid back. There are only 13 of us in the class which makes it even better! My instructor's a hoot and keeps thing interesting!
I also poured my first resin today! I've been thinking about it for awhile; did a lot of research & price comparison on where to buy products. Finally got everything I needed and did my first pour today! I'm so excited!!!! I don't know if I can wait 'til it cures. I LOVE the way resin looks & I love the idea that the possibilites are endless with it. Today I just did some basics ~ a black bracelet, a pearl bracelet & some basic pearl shapes that could later become pendents or earrings. I'll NEVER give up my gemstone bracelets. I LOVE gemstones too much & they are a part of me I'll never be able to let go of. But sometimes, it's fun to mix things up a little bit & try new things. I'll keep you posted & when the resin pops out, I'll post pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment